- On February 5, 2019
- In kilimajaro
6 Days Rongai Route Mount Kilimanjaro
Today we start your 6 Days Rongai Route Mount Kilimanjaro with transfer to the start of the Rongai route, close to the Kenyan border, where we begin the ascent of Kilimanjaro. The first night will be camping at the first cave.
The climbing today is a gradual ascent and we get great views of the plains of Kenya below and the spectacular Mawenzi Tarn above. We get up to a height of 3800m today where we camp for the night by the Third Cave.
We have an extra day for acclimatisation. This is spent in the vicinity of Third Cave taking gentle walks.
Our climb today takes us through the lunar desert of the Saddle, the lava-covered expanse between the two peaks Mawenzi and Kibo. By the end of the day we reach Kibo Hut at 4700m where we camp overnight and rest, ready for the ascent the next day.
We have a very early start for the final ascent, leaving the hut in the middle of the night to arrive at Uhuru Peak just after dawn. It is a 4 to 5 hour slow walk up increasingly steep scree to Gillman’s Point at 5690m followed by a further 1 to 2 hour walk around the crater rim to Uhuru Peak at 5896m. You have incredible views of glaciers many storeys high surrounding you, and the plains of Africa stretched out below you. After taking in this amazing view we return by the same path past Kibo Hut and on down the Marangu Route all the way to Horombo Hut.
It just takes us about half the day to descend back down to the park gates at Marangu. Here we will be met and transferred back to the Arusha hotel.It is now time to celebrate your achievement. Overnight bed and breakfast basis, end of your 6 Days Rongai Route Mount Kilimanjaro
- 6 nights accommodations(Camping Gear) including 1 night in Arusha before or after the climb
- Ground transportation to and from Arusha and the gate
- Tour guide service (English speaking guide available) during your 6 Days Rongai Route Mount Kilimanjaro
- All taxes/VATMeals as indicated in the itinerary
- Prices do not include air travel, country entry or departure fees, airport porter fees, visas, phones, valet, all items of a personal nature and beverages and food unless otherwise stated.
- Tips to the Tour Guide and Porters
- Mountain Climbing Gear
- Travel Insurance
- Other personal items